|Hi Everyone! April has been a massive month for us! In the last few days of March, we signed an agreement with Logan City Council to lease and operate the Yarrabilba Sports and Community Hub on Shaw Street Ovals for an initial 2-year period, hosted a district rugby union exhibition round and commenced some engagement work to support the Yarrabilba Business Connect Economic Strategy that is under development.
Please check out the topics below to stay informed about your community!
Chair – Yarrabilba Community Association Inc.
|Yarrabilba Sports and Community Hub
The $1.5m facility was completed last year and officially opened in November. In the weeks since council’s announcement of our successful tender, we have seen an incredible amount of interest in the venue. Our leased area includes the Sport and Community Hub building complex and the playing fields of Shaw Street Ovals, in addition to our existing lease over the community garden space.
The hard-court areas continue to be managed directly by Logan City Council and the Yarrabilba Exchange facility continues to be operated by Access Ltd.
In the 4 weeks we have been responsible for the facility, we’ve already seen:
• a Rugby Union exhibition round which we delivered in partnership with Gold Coast District Rugby Union and Lendlease,
• a Logan City Council community consultation workshop on Animal Management laws, and
• a regional whole of (state) government planning workshop held in the facility. To try and coordinate the volume of interested parties in delivering services through the facility and the associated playing fields, we will be holding some targeted information session for interested parties who want to deliver services from the site. In addition, we will look to hold some community information session once the services start to come on board.
Another great benefit for the site is the ability for us to run more community-based events and our ever-popular movie nights – starting with the first movie night this Friday May 3rd
Friday will be a double header starting with The Jungle Bunch (G) at approximately 5:30pm followed by Jumanji – Welcome to the Jungle (PG) at approximately 7:30pm. Food and Drinks will be available for purchase.
The Sport and Community Hub will be open for inspection from 4:30pm for interested residents to view the facility.
|Yarrabilba Business Connect We’ve contracted a Business Marketing Consultant to assist with the development of some initiatives to help build up the economic foundations of our emerging community and develop strategies to support and grow local businesses.
We’ll keep you informed as the work progresses – if you are a local business owner and want more information, please get in touch with David.Bateson@yarrabilba.org
|Residents Survey Don’t forget about the Resident Survey!
Yarrabilba Community Association is seeking feedback from residents of Yarrabilba on what you would like to see in terms of events and activities over the next 12 months, so we have put together a short (5 minute max survey) which will help us put together a program you will enjoy!
Please take 5 minutes to let us know a little bit about you, and what you would like to see. Click on this link to take the survey… https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J9MQJVL
We will share the results of the survey with the community. If you would like to get a copy of the results via email, please subscribe to our community newsletter.
The survey was originally due to close on the 24th April, but we’ve extended by a couple of days to give more people a chance to have input now the school holidays are finished!
• Fri 3rd May – Movie Night – Yarrabilba Sports and Community Hub
• Wed 15th May – Meeting – Yarrabilba Sports and Community Hub